Prerequisites and Building

Here we speak about Code and Design.
Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Thx for the reply. I update the SVN all the time, so I can`t chance it back...or is that possible.

But I wait for the next release, and try to compile it again. I still have issues with the SQL that you are using, I use normally MySQL, so I have to figure out how to source the sql. I get all the time the error that the user doesn`t excist and it keep asking about cohadmin, I tryed to chance the username in the SQL file, but then I get the error that my user name doesn`t excist.

malign

Post by malign » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm

[quote:342f8501c0=\"Hawk\"]Thx for the reply. I update the SVN all the time, so I can`t chance it back...or is that possible.[/quote:342f8501c0]

Of course it is. =)
That's one of the benefits of svn. Just checkout as your normally would, except you would add -r 290. So, the SVN command to execute would look like this:

[i:342f8501c0]svn co svn://svn.cohemu.net/cohemu -r 290[/i:342f8501c0]

[quote:342f8501c0]But I wait for the next release, and try to compile it again. I still have issues with the SQL that you are using, I use normally MySQL, so I have to figure out how to source the sql. I get all the time the error that the user doesn`t excist and it keep asking about cohadmin, I tryed to chance the username in the SQL file, but then I get the error that my user name doesn`t excist.[/quote:342f8501c0]

The reason is we do not currently support MySQL because of its license. It's what you would call a "viral" license and infects the rest of the code linked to it. Codemaster has stated he was working on MySQL support for CoHEmu. But this project is not sanctioned by us.

If you're not stuck requiring the use of MySQL, I highly recommend switching to PostGreSQL. It is exceptionally stable/solid, secure, has a more liberal license than MySQL, installs fast, uses little resources and has more functionality than MySQL. You could also always run both you know. =)

Regards,
malign