Level Up

C'mon all you guinea pigs!
Mordana
Question Deflector
Question Deflector

Level Up

Post by Mordana » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Here's something else that's kind of fun to try. Select the Dev controls, go back to the power selection screen in the ID option and advance to the map again. Now type /levelup 50 in chat and you will notice your bubs fill up. Then type /level and select Enter to get the final power. :)

The powers and slots appear to be awarded somewhat randomly (check out the enhancement screen too). It's sort of fun to observe the power selections and slotting it chooses (kind of like playing a CoH slot machine, literally :)). Also note that the awarded powers appear in ID as well.

Another thing to try is skipping the /levelup command and just typing /level once back from the ID screen. This will allow you to choose the next power normally as if you leveled to 2. If you do this, the /levelup command won't award powers again until you re-enter ID and repeat the process.

What's also cool is you can keep doing this as many times as you like while you're logged in. You can backup in ID, select completely different powers if you want and use the level commands again.

I know it's not much to get too excited about but it's still nice to see more powers and slots in the game. ;)

Cendwar

Re: Level Up

Post by Cendwar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 pm

This was fun to try. Apparently you don't even have to be in dev mode to do this. I made a claws/dark scrapper, did /levelup 50 and it it seemed to automatically give me a few random powers (including pool powers). I had like everything in the claw/dark set except for the last two powers, everything in the leaping pool, some in medicine etc. I was then automatically changed to a "Huge" and teleported to somewhere random on the map with all powers lost. When I ran back to where I was before my old character was standing there sideways in mid air.

Flee

Post by Flee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 pm

I was testing this, and was surprised- actually got a message in the chat window, in yellow, when I pressed teleport foe- "There is no valid target nearby" -well, hello! doesn't do anything, but it spoke! that's a first for me. :D

Xalos

Post by Xalos » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Flee wrote:I was testing this, and was surprised- actually got a message in the chat window, in yellow, when I pressed teleport foe- "There is no valid target nearby" -well, hello! doesn't do anything, but it spoke! that's a first for me. :D
The problem is that this isn't actually anywhere in the server code - at least, as far as I've been able to find. I suspect it's just a client-sided error message to keep bandwidth usage down.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:21 pm

That's true, the only server 'spoken' messages that are implemented right now are 'admin' messages.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."