Test server down

C'mon all you guinea pigs!
ra'kiv

Test server down

Post by ra'kiv » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:34 pm

First off, I stumbled across this project yesterday and logged in this morning. I can't believe how much you guys have done. The fact that I can even log in to this game at all right now is pretty awesome, so thank you!

That said, I'm getting a "login server unreachable" message now :p.

nemerle

Re: Test server down

Post by nemerle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:39 pm

The server is restarted automatically every few minutes. ( people try connecting with I23/I24 clients, which confuses our server's little brain )
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

eoraptor

Post by eoraptor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am

Alrighty, feel compelled to ask if something is wrong, or if I am missing something...

Is the server down right now? I got connected to the server itself once about two hours ago and managed to make a character... but then the game hung up before I ever got to Atlas Park and wouldn't finish connecting. Since then I haven't been able to connect at all, and keep getting the "cantconnectdbserv" error, or the client just crashes after I select the server (which now shows up as "Unnamed")

any known issues with Windows 8?

::edit:: I as finally able to log in, but the rubber banding was severe. I have no idea if it was a timing issue, or if the reinstall and mucking about with compatibility settings solved the problem (I turned on combatibility, which crippled the client, and then turned it off again)

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 pm

eoraptor wrote:...
Since then I haven't been able to connect at all, and keep getting the "cantconnectdbserv" error, or the client just crashes after I select the server (which now shows up as "Unnamed")
This problem suggests a connection attempt using incompatible client version

eoraptor wrote: ::edit:: I as finally able to log in, but the rubber banding was severe. I have no idea if it was a timing issue, or if the reinstall and mucking about with compatibility settings solved the problem..
Current rubber banding is caused by:
hard-coded map update interval ( 2Hz :) ) + only partial support for client-server position sync packets.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

eoraptor

Post by eoraptor » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

nemerle wrote:
eoraptor wrote:...
Since then I haven't been able to connect at all, and keep getting the "cantconnectdbserv" error, or the client just crashes after I select the server (which now shows up as "Unnamed")
This problem suggests a connection attempt using incompatible client version

eoraptor wrote: ::edit:: I as finally able to log in, but the rubber banding was severe. I have no idea if it was a timing issue, or if the reinstall and mucking about with compatibility settings solved the problem..
Current rubber banding is caused by:
hard-coded map update interval ( 2Hz :) ) + only partial support for client-server position sync packets.
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a client version issue, it as the CoX setup packet. so I'm wondering if maybe windows 8 didn't transmit some bogus packet info (or possible norton internet security, but I haven't seen anyone else describe that problem)

I did learn this.

- attempting to apply Compatibility Mode to the CoX-Client shortcut or to CoX.exe in the client folder immediately crashes the client on launch and hangs it so you have to three finger salute to kill it (it instantly kicks a not-responding status in task manager)