Connecting to Server * Server Setup Help

C'mon all you guinea pigs!
Perfectionist

Connecting to Server * Server Setup Help

Post by Perfectionist » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello Folks,

I've tried to connect to the server and I get a few random responses and success.

Either of the below
1 = loginServer unavailable
2 = I login Successful, create a character, enter map and sort of rubberband like the last version you released, also walked forward into the pool (water) and jump wouldn't respond (think the server was failing at that time though).
3 = Hangs at loading map screen after character creation.

Server Setup

I've looked at the sql files for the server but a little unsure on the db names users etc to get them fired up, I'm not sure if I have the correct sql files to setup a server, is there any available in an archive for me to download, maybe with "default" root user etc, as I can setup a server for us all to use also and can be made public like your test server as I'd be glad to offer any help on that side of things.

Let us know and I'll keep my eyes on this thread :).

Thanks

cityofheroessave2

Re: Connecting to Server * Server Setup Help

Post by cityofheroessave2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:05 am

Perfectionist wrote:Hello Folks,

I've tried to connect to the server and I get a few random responses and success.

Either of the below
1 = loginServer unavailable
2 = I login Successful, create a character, enter map and sort of rubberband like the last version you released, also walked forward into the pool (water) and jump wouldn't respond (think the server was failing at that time though).
3 = Hangs at loading map screen after character creation.

Server Setup

I've looked at the sql files for the server but a little unsure on the db names users etc to get them fired up, I'm not sure if I have the correct sql files to setup a server, is there any available in an archive for me to download, maybe with "default" root user etc, as I can setup a server for us all to use also and can be made public like your test server as I'd be glad to offer any help on that side of things.

Let us know and I'll keep my eyes on this thread :).

Thanks
Oh man I am also stuck. confused and frustrated. I do now know how to use it. CoX-Auth, CoX-Client,CoX-Client-Counsole
I get to the log on screen then nothing works after at cannot log on the server. go to Www.cityofheroes.com for server update
then what I do know I need IP address for the CoX-Auth that I dot have have a list to use
it dose not have to be a big list. any ware from 5 to 20 IP address to Privet servers for the Segs-CoX
I do now even know what I am doing realy
I am more confusted then you are

pikabko1

Re: Connecting to Server * Server Setup Help

Post by pikabko1 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 am

I do not know what was all of that about. I tested so many IP addresses none of them work
I do not have the latest Segs COX 2016 edition
This is one I tried 77.46.18.50 DEAD!
I also tried 77.46.93.89 DEAD
I think I did not get the 2016 edtion of Segs COX.