Looking for developers?

'Yack it up.'
HeroStar

Looking for developers?

Post by HeroStar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I was just wondering if you guys are to the point of looking for more developers to help the project( more specifically the CoX project)? Also, do you want people to promote SEGS in order to get more people interested?

nemerle

Re: Looking for developers?

Post by nemerle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello :)
Yes, we are always and constantly looking for devs.
Be warned though, most of the hopeful candidates took one look at our codebase and ran screaming ( at least I think so ) :P
Right now what the project needs is a Dev with a true Grit ( think Clint Eastwood of programmers ), that won't take no shit from the codebase :)

As for promotion, it would be nice to get the word out to people that might be interested.
We do not plan on officially advertising segs, at least not until cox subproject gets more complete :)
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

KHAN

Post by KHAN » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:49 pm

nemerle wrote:Hello :)
Yes, we are always and constantly looking for devs.
Be warned though, most of the hopeful candidates took one look at our codebase and ran screaming ( at least I think so ) :P
Right now what the project needs is a Dev with a true Grit ( think Clint Eastwood of programmers ), that won't take no shit from the codebase :)

As for promotion, it would be nice to get the word out to people that might be interested.
We do not plan on officially advertising segs, at least not until cox subproject gets more complete :)
So how can i get involved with the development?

KHAN.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Visit our irc (irc://irc.nemerle.eu/#segs) channel ( be warned we're idling heavily :)).
Take a look at the sources, find bugs, write new features, the usual :)

Also, we have a ticketing system with various tasks at http://redmine.nemerle.eu/projects/segs/issues
It was recovered from a pretty old backup so is in dire need of being updated to current state of the project. ( hint, hint ) :)
Last edited by nemerle on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated redmine status.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Acanous

Post by Acanous » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am

Hey guys. Just heard about this project and tested to verify it wasn't (Yet another) hoax. Pleased beyond adequate allegory to see there's an actual server where you can really roll characters.
I'm not a dev, but I am putting the word out. Thanks for sticking to it and not giving up.