Connecting Guide and FAQ

'Yack it up.'
jprocket45

Re: Connecting Guide and FAQ

Post by jprocket45 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 pm

anywhere I can get the update installed COX from disk which is not gonna work im sure i tried logging in once logged in it says CantConnectDbServer The links provided to download the update has been disabled due to high traffic :)

Tanstaafl

Post by Tanstaafl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 am

jprocket45 wrote:anywhere I can get the update installed COX from disk which is not gonna work im sure i tried logging in once logged in it says CantConnectDbServer The links provided to download the update has been disabled due to high traffic :)
Try downloading them at the start of the month.
Or use utorrent or similar to download the COX-Setup - that wont have any high traffic issues, and seems well seeded.

Shadowmoka

Post by Shadowmoka » Sat May 04, 2013 10:16 pm

First of all, thank you for this beautiful work!

So anyway, I'd hate to sound like a dolt, but are the servers down right now? (5/4/2013 5:16 pm central) I can't seem to log in. I may have misunderstood the directions. By any username/password combination we like, do you mean we could just put in anything and it'll let us log in?

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Shadowmoka wrote:First of all, thank you for this beautiful work!

So anyway, I'd hate to sound like a dolt, but are the servers down right now? (5/4/2013 5:16 pm central) I can't seem to log in. I may have misunderstood the directions. By any username/password combination we like, do you mean we could just put in anything and it'll let us log in?
Shadowmoka: Yeah, server seem to be down. I just tried and, no go. I usually don't have any problems logging in and jumping right into Atlas. Just give 'em some time.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Shadowmoka

Post by Shadowmoka » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Alright : ). Just making sure it wasn't me. Even seeing the login screen again gave me some joy.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sun May 05, 2013 8:40 am

And it's back up, the wonkiness is caused by my attempts to set up a windows dev environment on the same machine
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Sun May 05, 2013 12:21 pm

For what its worth, I just logged in and, after a bout of rubberbanding, I ran around all over Atlas until I lost connection to the Map Server. One thing though, when you jump, its almost like Superjump and using the E & Q keys to turn is slow. Thanks nem for all your hard work and diligence (very much worth it). :D This is just tons of fun!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Panther

Downloading

Post by Panther » Fri May 24, 2013 3:22 am

Be careful when downloading the "recommended client". When you click, it will not download the actual 770MB, it will download an installer file (around 700 KB), which contains a Win32/TopMedia.B trojan (probably AdWare or MalWare). Note also that if you tried to download it and noticed it gets canceled, it's probably your virus checking software (for example ESET won't let you download that file).

Anyway, I recommend using Mordana's link (that file is clean).

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am

I think that my using the adblocker has removed any links of this kind :(
I've posted a screen-shot with the proper links marked, might help
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

arthurh3535

Post by arthurh3535 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

So why aren't you guys developing with the latest stable build of COH when it closed down, rather than the older version in a torrent?