Post game behaviors here.

Zapplektrik

Post game behaviors here.

Post by Zapplektrik » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 am

as we are nearing a stable release (that you can move in anyway) there are things we can report to help our hard working developers.
even simple observations can lead to discoveries, which in turn will help determine what parts of the code need to be tweaked.

For example;
moving forward and back from spawn works by sending you which direction you pressed
However, Left and Right seam to be reversed.

example 2;
if you move too closely to the wall, you will appear on the other side of it, and afterwards you will be disconnected from mapserver after about 10 mintues and be unable to relogg in as character

example 3;
if you press X you will fall through the floor, and afterwards you will be disconnected from mapserver after about 10 mintues and be unable to relogg in as character

small observations like this do help, and will help our developers pinpoint the cause of such problems. even things that are not a problem will help, just keep trying new things

Zapplektrik

Re: Post game behaviors here.

Post by Zapplektrik » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:02 am

This will be a lot more important in the future as well.
especially with powersets, physics behaviors and AI.

Mnemonic

Post by Mnemonic » Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Don't know if any or all of this is supposed to happen, or if this thread still has a purpose, but every time I get into Atlas Park, as soon as I start moving I begin rubberbanding backwards (away from the statue) and after a few seconds upwards as well, falling back down after each time, at this point the quite to desktop and quit to login buttons don't work and I have to kill the process. I snap back about once a second, but this can be delayed somewhat by moving forward and tapping the turn left and turn right keys.

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Tue May 14, 2013 2:47 pm

I to get this exact same behavior. At least its progress, as, sometimes, I can get the rubberbanding to eventually stop. Hopefully The Great & Powerful nem will get this handled.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Styrj wrote:I to get this exact same behavior. At least its progress, as, sometimes, I can get the rubberbanding to eventually stop. Hopefully The Great & Powerful nem will get this handled.
*Nemerle the Feeble is slowly coaxing OpenSceneGraph to nest within the bare rib-cage of SEGS.*

We should have a bit better movement pretty soon.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm

:D The Great & Powerful nem the Feeble, you are the man!! :D

I can't express enough how much I and a lot of other folks appreciate your efforts on this project. Keep on coding. ;)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!