Graphical Bug

The hands of the Atlas are tireless.
Detterence

Graphical Bug

Post by Detterence » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Hey all, i've managed to get into the game, and i am able to create my character and head straight on through to "Outbreak" but i cant see any character at all or any powers is anyone else having this same issue or is it just me?

After this it then crashes the game and i have to restart.

Thanks

nemerle

Re: Graphical Bug

Post by nemerle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Just to explain, I've asked Detterence to post a thread about his texture problem, because it's likely caused by the client-side bug.
I know of one area of client code that might 'cause this, and can shift my focus to preparing a client patch, but that largely depends on number of people bitten by that problem.
So, feel free to 'me too' and 'yes plz' this thread to death :D
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Shano

Post by Shano » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

i managed to log in also, tho i am missing ... ALL textures? i can see like a blurry outline of the character in the creator, and kinda holes and blurrs where the costume pieces SHOULD be. Clicked continue just to see if it was the creator, but i got into Outbreak, but same again with the character, and cant move or anything (can see the character running..but not going anywhere. and also couldnt exit without CTRL ALT DEL'ing out.

torment

Post by torment » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm

"me too" :P the toon looks like a shadow, sometimes with bubbles, everything else looks great! I've been watching Outbreak all morning and listening to those police sirens..... ahhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh............... thanks guys!

Naruchico

Post by Naruchico » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52 pm

raises hand...me too lol

LightofthePhoenix

Post by LightofthePhoenix » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah I got this texture issue as well. The entire character was just black.

One positive side to this, though. I wasn't around when CoH was using this version. Just to be able to go back and see how far we came in the character creator alone was amazing. Keep up the good work, guys. I will look forward to the patch. :D

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Oh bother.. it sure looks I'll have to see what i can do about that texture booboo :)

Tentative time-frame -> this weekend.

Cendwar

Post by Cendwar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Me too! Like I was able to see my toon to some extent, but just a shadowy kind of figure with no real graphics showing.

The power window was bugged at first, but when I went into the I.D. it let me go back into the character creator menu, so I went back further up until my first power selection, then went back into the Outbreak map and then the power window was working after that, it even automatically gave me the first few powers right in the power tray.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Really ?
That's interesting... I've never managed to get it to show me any powers.. will have to investigate !

poppy755

Post by poppy755 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 am

I have gotten in as well and am having issues with the "shadowy figure" and am unable to move after I slide into the map.
:)

We appreciate everything you are doing <3