Server Hosting for SEGs

The hands of the Atlas are tireless.
Baaleos

Server Hosting for SEGs

Post by Baaleos » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Guys,
Im currently providing hosting to a few people for use as game servers (mostly just Neverwinter Nights Servers) - through EC2 (Amazon EC2)

I'd be perfectly happy to provide a server to SEGS as a development/test server if it helps you guys get City of Heroes/Villains back on its feet.

I could provide you a micro instance server for free - Linux or Windows.
(612 mb Ram + 2.2 ghz XEON processor.)

But anything higher I would have to ask for funds, as Amazon would start charging me.

I'd also be interested in getting a SEGs server setup on amazon EC2, and then we can take a clone of it, and then other people can spawn servers with a single button push.

Mega

Re: Server Hosting for SEGs

Post by Mega » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 am

It's always nice to see more support for such projects! :) I haven't seen much activity with this project lately, however.... I've been feeling down and having extreme cravings to play CoX. I started playing minecraft and built an Atlas statue in my town in honor, and to my surprise I had a few players comment on it and say how much they missed the game. I wish I could be of help in bringing the game back, however I'm but a useless bag of meat. I certainly hope to see some form of updates soon, or word of another CoX project. Sorry for the ranting, I had to talk about my favorite game somewhere :<

I miss my main </3
R.I.P. Megemma (Mega Blaster Girl)

Tide008

Re: Server Hosting for SEGs

Post by Tide008 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Believe me, you aren't alone and I'm right there with you. As long as we keep up the passion and devotion, I believe we'll achieve something.

Mega wrote:It's always nice to see more support for such projects! :) I haven't seen much activity with this project lately, however.... I've been feeling down and having extreme cravings to play CoX. I started playing minecraft and built an Atlas statue in my town in honor, and to my surprise I had a few players comment on it and say how much they missed the game. I wish I could be of help in bringing the game back, however I'm but a useless bag of meat. I certainly hope to see some form of updates soon, or word of another CoX project. Sorry for the ranting, I had to talk about my favorite game somewhere :<

I miss my main </3
R.I.P. Megemma (Mega Blaster Girl)