What can we do to help?

Rising ourselves by our own hair.
Kyriani

Re: What can we do to help?

Post by Kyriani » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:23 pm

I want to help, but I have no coding experience or knowledge! Is there anything I can do? Like say tedious data entry or something?

I have tons of free time to devote to this I just don't have any skills with, or even basic understanding of, coding. But if you have some leg work that doesn't require me to understand whatever the hell I am looking at besides "put this stuff in this place" then please feel free to call on me! Outside of that I will quietly cheer you on from the sidelines!

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Take a look around here, the tasks are pretty code-free :)
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Tanklet

Post by Tanklet » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey!

Tanklet here, displaced from Virtue. I've been wanting to help on any of the varying projects but haven't had any takers thus far. I've been peeking in on SEGS here and there, and am really hoping I can help! I have some technical knowledge, and depending on the subject I may be able to pick up on stuff pretty quick. Some of my main strengths include writing, information gathering, Admin (both forms of the word), and kind of a Jane of most trades. So, if there's any way I can help, don't hesitate.

I'm gonna keep perusing the forums here to see if there's anything I can pick up on, but don't hesitate to point me in a direction you may need me in. I really wanna help.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Do You guys have any ideas about the things we are not doing, but should ?

Oh.. Another simple task: Feeding our issues tracker, looking around the forum posts filling bug reports based on them, finding new bugs etc.

Tanklet

Post by Tanklet » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 pm

I just got here, and without knowing quite what's where, I don't know what's what on what should be doing but isn't ... o.o And if that made any sense ... hats off to ya LOL

I'll get an acct set up at red mind. It looks like that's where you're storing issues yes? Might I suggest a sticky post on the latest test server & instructions? I think I found an old one, and then new instructions where the folder path was something along the lines of /he who shall not be named/software of awesomeness/heir of slitherin.exe ... and well, to put it simply, I couldn't really make head or tails of that o.o

If it's a matter of not publicly typing it out, feel free to PM me :)

Edit:
Btw, it needs to be said ... Thanks so much for all the stuff you've done and are doing. :)

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks, I've simplfied this thread by using the Segs Executor tool.
Hope that helps.

Edit:
The issue tracking system registration page is here

freewaydog

Post by freewaydog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Will this be up soon? Where do I download? Unfortunately, I left CoX a year before closing & uninstalled the game. You will only go up to issue 2? What about the expansions? Will you ever get up to date w/ issue 23?

Chopper

Post by Chopper » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:54 pm

New supporter here. If I can do anything to help I will. I have some server experience and very basic scripting experience. I'm behind the effort all the way.

Chopper

freewaydog

Post by freewaydog » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:43 pm

nemerle wrote:Thanks, I've simplfied this thread by using the Segs Executor tool.
Hope that helps.

Edit:
The issue tracking system registration page is here
Ok, I have downloaded the file from the first link provided. Will it work, or ruin my computer?

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:01 pm

I'd be very much surprised if the executor ate your computer :)

In the interest of full disclosure, I've uploaded the KHAN's source code to http://redmine.nemerle.eu/projects/segs_executor/files