Small code tasks

Rising ourselves by our own hair.
nemerle

Small code tasks

Post by nemerle » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am

Go to our static analysis page and take a look at the warnings there. See if you can fix any of those.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

nemerle

Re: Small code tasks

Post by nemerle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Try to take a critical look at our source layout/source code.. I'm very open to suggestions to improve readability/reduce complexity.

There were some minimal work recently ( removal of Global component ), we could use some more simplifications.

take a number

Post by take a number » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 am

Hi, i'm willing to offer my assistance in decoding/ reverse engineering however there is one really big question i have before i begin doing anything to help, the question is did anyone have the foresight to develop a client side packet sniffer and log detailed communications between the server and client prior to the game shutdown? suffice to say that w/o any log of packet communication it'll be near impossible to get anything up and running. you can reply via pm if you prefer. the most important piece of code i'd be looking for specifically is the communication that allows the character to successfully log in and maintain a successful connection, once we locate that we can start replicating things like movement even if the client crashes from a simple movement it'll allow us to record that communication decrypt it and add it to a list of know script and further allow us to locate similar packets from a log and and further the server side development by allowing us to get "actions" 1 by 1 and reverse engineer the things we don't know.

either way lemme know
ty

(edit) what game version are we working with? while i know that most people would like to see the most recent version being worked on, the first relese would be the most viable to get running while decoding the many features added to the most recent version)

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 am

take a number wrote: the question is did anyone have the foresight to develop a client side packet sniffer and log detailed communications between the server and client prior to the game shutdown?
Since we're working on the very old client, we have no packet captures at all.
take a number wrote: suffice to say that w/o any log of packet communication it'll be near impossible to get anything up and running. you can reply via pm if you prefer. the most important piece of code i'd be looking for specifically is the communication that allows the character to successfully log in and maintain a successful connection
That's already done, and working reasonably well :)
take a number wrote:once we locate that we can start replicating things like movement even if the client crashes from a simple movement it'll allow us to record that communication decrypt it and add it to a list of know script and further allow us to locate similar packets from a log and and further the server side development by allowing us to get "actions" 1 by 1 and reverse engineer the things we don't know.
And the most server->client actions are decoded as well, most of the RE problems left, are finding out proper packet sequences, identifying all the unknown bits/bytes in the packets and recovering the full meaning of the input stream.

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

In looking at the Roadmap and Issues, aren't Feature 52 and Feature 55 the same thing?
I can do anything, the impossible just takes longer!

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 am

The issue 52 was finished by me, and I hoped that someone would be able to extend my work ( issue 55 ) to other SQL queries