Developers wanted, inquire inside !

Interested in helping out the project?
malign

Post by malign » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 am

We are currently seeking more developers to help offset some of the load of our existing crew. If you are skilled in any of the following and want to lend a hand, drop us a line in IRC.

[b:82343c70f0]EDIT: The project is primarily seeking those proficient in C++, reverse engineering and debugging.[/b:82343c70f0]

What is needed:

Decent C/C++ background
*SQL experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
Scripting experience for AI (XML, Python, Squirrel, LUA, etc.)
Skilled with a debugger and can read x86 assembly
HTML/PHP to design www.cohemu.net main site
Some exposure to version control (CVS, SVN, RCS, etc.)
Visual Studio and/or GCC experience
Development under and administration of a UNIX environment

Thank you much,
malign

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:45 pm

Hi!

I've got MySQL, PHP and (a little) ActionScriptV2 (Flash) experience, so if you want I can help you ^^

I've also scripted in NWScript, that is the NeverwinterNights code, based on C++... I've never wrote in C++ but I know the structure, so... give me the functions list and I'll script for you ^^

I've got Visual Studio 2003... and I have coded some simple applications in visual basic .NET... really basic applications, like registry and file read/write...

I'm Italian :D

Only one thing: I've got not so much time but I'll do what do you ask if possible ^^

bye

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi my name is John Vaccaro

Im an 18 year old university student studying communications

If you still need more people to help you with the coding and whatnot I would like to lend my hand out and give you my services. My serices are limited as to what I really can do to help but I am willing to go over some tutorials or training as to help you with the project.

I believe that you guys have a stirdy project going here, I used to help out a wow private server find bugs and whatnot by the time I stopped playing I had 4 level 100 characters to show for my dedication (lvl 100 cuz they boosted max lvl).

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:03 pm

 Cute FTP 7.0
 Adobe Photoshop CS
 Advanced HTML
 MYSQL
 Windows Apache Server
 Perl Programmer
 Beginning ASP.NET using C#
 Visual Studio Experience
 PHP
 CSS
 Javascript

Here is my skill list...lemme know.

Fork

Post by Fork » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Come to the IRC Channel so we can discuss this further :D

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:10 pm

Hello,

I'm a 20 year old University student majoring in Artificial Intelligence with a fair amount of Software Development thrown in for good measure. I've been programming for approximately 6 years and my experience is more or less composed of C, C++, Java, LUA, PHP and PROLOG with some crash course grounding in x86 assembly(academic) and Python. I am also familiar with XML and MySQL/SQLite having used both.

My main development platforms are Visual Studio .net 2003 when working on Windows, and gcc/g++ when working in Unix. I am reasonably proficient with the Visual Studio .net debugger and GDB. I have used CVS before, however my experience with version control systems is pretty much limited to that. I have a *nix server on my local network that I use as a development platform and a file dump, so at the very least, I can find my way around a *nix setup.

The bulk of my programming work outside Uni has been mostly pet projects and MUD based games when I have enough free time. So I do have a pretty solid idea about the client/server type applications.

Thanks for your time.

malign

Post by malign » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:12 pm

*Currently talks to MrBob on IRC*

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:25 am

Hello:

i have experience programming under unix environment , gdb , valgrind , learning dtrace now., debugging tools . Languages C/C++ , java ,some python , lisp , asm x86 academic experience only . data structures , etc . Basic network programming in C. mysql programming ,etc. some linux kernel tinkering .
im willing to help , not much free time .

Fork

Post by Fork » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:04 am

You're going to need a lot of free time to do anything substantiual.

coxemu_forgotten_user

Post by coxemu_forgotten_user » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:11 am

I have a BS in Computer Science, with experince in C, C++, C#, Java, SQL, Oracle, Scheme, RPGLE, Some Assembler, HTML.....and some others.
I have mild knowledge in AI. I have decent Knowledge in Operating systems and Networking. I have good knowledge of OpenGL and Directx as well as GUI development and database theory.

I am currently employed in an IS department working with AS400(Primarly) using RPGLE and Java.

I may be able to help some, but I am extremly busy. So depending on what is needed and how long I can have to develop....... Probably the thing I am best at is GUI design, though I realize not much of that is needed for a project like this. Shoot me an email if interested.