There is not a measure of graditude that I can express.

C'mon all you guinea pigs!
jAx

There is not a measure of graditude that I can express.

Post by jAx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:37 am

Logging in to Paragon City today, and hearing that sweet, sweet inspirational hero building music for the first time in months, was relieving to say the least. You people have poured years of development into this thing, and let me say, it shows. What you have done here is restore hope that City of Heroes will never die. What I think the absolutely BEST thing about all of this? This is old CoH. This is CoH before fire tanks for nerfed in i5. This was sidekicks. This was the HEART OF THE GAME! Sure the game got to quite the point, with the extreme level of customization offered ... which I do not doubt will also happen on the new CoH. This is a fresh start, which means a couple of things. One, our own graphics in the game (somehow?) and two, well, a fresh start! As a CoH Beta player, I could simply not ask for more.

Thank you again SEGS team for all of your hard work. I pledge my full support in any way (graphics, publicity, etc.) Know that you are changing lives and doing amazing things here, with a product so vastly different from what CoH had become, there is no stopping Paragon from rising again. Heck, it already has.

My ghostly Medic awaits further command, your excellence.
Attachments
WP_20130215_006.jpg
cant seem to get past this part yet. heh.
WP_20130215_006.jpg (124.98 KiB) Viewed 7904 times

Mantic

Re: There is not a measure of graditude that I can express.

Post by Mantic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 am

It's always been possible to mod graphics in CoH, but that's one of the reasons I look forward to emulation using the latest build: it has more graphical capabilities to take advantage of!

Though I think we may need a specific tool for encoding the dds files correctly for the engine: I always found that reflection maps got inverted when I modified any texture that used them (so frustrating, since I always wanted to mod a properly featureless silver-surfer-esque skin, or the typical reflective bands that every other metallic superhero/villain has).

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:07 pm

I think I've said it on the old forums, i see no problem with modding the hell out of the game, one of the main goals for the SLAV utility was manging per-server data sets.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Kyriani

Post by Kyriani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm

I'd also like to give my thanks for the work you're doing it gave me hope wandering around atlas park again... hopefully we'll have the game we know and love back in the not too distant future!

brillao

Post by brillao » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 am

woooooaahhh !!

jprocket45

Post by jprocket45 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm

hey If I could just stand in Atlas under the globe and chat to people that would make me happy! I know it seems people where waisting time standing there talking and not playing so untrue it was how the community was we got to know each other almost like a facebook but better I think ahhh the days, Thank you for your hard work.

Tanstaafl

Post by Tanstaafl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 am

A heart felt thank you from me too. Fantastic just to be able login to atlas.

Mnemonic

Post by Mnemonic » Sun May 12, 2013 12:31 am

I didn't realise just how much I missed this game until I got to Atlas Park. Thank you for doing this.